Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Magical Realms and Reality

Okay so here comes another long list of things I've been up to and have fallen in love with. Let start with what I've fallen in love with...

The Hourglass Door

I swear this book is better than Twilight! Yes, I did just say that. Screw Edward I'm 100% Team Dante! I loved it. Combine a mysterious Italian exchanged student, a creepy mysterious band,a school play, time travel, and love and you have an amazing book! Read it I know you'll love it!

Legend of the Seeker
 
My friend Candace told me about this show and the other day i decided i'd go on the internet and watch an episode! Well I fell in love with it! It is awesome! It's got a little of everything! Magic, action, suspense, love, happiness, saddness! I love it!

Adventures in Retail


Okay so I'm starting a new part of my blog called "Adventures in Retail" where I'm going to share the ridiculous stories of customers that come into Old Navy.

Story 1: So apparently people often mistake Old Navy employees for their therapists. The other day I asked a woman how her shopping experience was. She said terrible. I asked her why expecting her to say that she couldn't find a size or something like that. DUDE, I did not expect what she said next. She started going off about her guy-friend that has been on probation for two years and has been doing really good so his probation officer hasn't come to check up on him for months, and now he has gotten into Meth again, and has lost weigh and steals cars, and all this bad stuff. She went on to say how she doesn't know what to do. She wants to report him so she can help him but she also doesn't want him to hate her for doing it. She's going on and on about this and 'm just thinking 'I meant can i help you find something'.

Story 2: People think that they know everything about the store and it's way of selling more than the employees know. The other day i was helping this woman return two items. When she bought the items she use a $50 of a $100 purchase or more coupon. The coupon automatically subtracts the $50 from everything you purchase. Anyway, I returned her items and gave her the money back. Then she told me that she should have gotten back the amount on the tag of the two items. I tried in many different ways that what i gave her was what she  how much purchased the items for. She kept arguing with me, and so I just had my LOD (Leader on Duty/Manager) Aaron to come talk to her. He spent 10 mins trying to tell her the exact same thing I told her. She left still thinking she was right and cheated. 

Story 3: So some people thing the Old Navy is a toilet apparently. So there is 2 stories within this story. My co-worker Megan went in to make sure the men's bathroom was clean one day, and what she found was disgusting. Someone had pooped and then spread that poop everywhere on the floor, the toilet, and the wall! It took her two hours to get it cleaned up and the floor is still stained. Second story, so a woman couldn't find the bathroom in our store and she didn't even ask where it was, so she decided it would be fine if she slipped into our back-room and just pull down her pants and pee on the floor back there. 

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO DISGUSTING AND STUPID?!

6 comments:

Dan said...

Sounds like a crappy day.

Aunt Me said...

I have seen quite a bit during my retail days. I would imagine though that Jeremy with his Dillard dock days could really give you a run for your money.

Bonkers said...

That. Is. Dis-GUSTING! I'm horrified (Though I'm sure you're co-worker was more so)

I was hoping to find a new book to read- thanks Hannah!

Amy said...

Spreading your poo around in a public place is not cool.

And did you just say "screw" and "edward" in the same sentence? That's not cool either.

Hannah Engberg said...

Trust me read it it is waaaayyy better! It just true....

Sarah said...

I do love Hourglass Door, Hannah didn't want to believe me when I told her that I might possibly like it more than Twilight...