Monday, November 24, 2008

Wicked

So I just heard of some news about my favorite musical of all time. I've heard that on July 16 of 2010 Wicked will be a movie. Now i am having mixed feelings about this. I'm excited, nervous, happy, and mad all at the same time. I'm worried that they may ruin it, yet at the same time they may do a spectacular job. I was like this with Twilight too. Seeing how i loved that, I may love this too. I'm more worried about this because I love Wicked so much more than Twilight. Yes, I did just say that. I just hope they follow the musical very very very well and hope they don't change anything. I mean how can they? It is so fantastically wonderful the way it is. Even if i like the movie, I'm saying this now, I will always think it is better Live on stage. Just like i still think the books of Twilight are better. Writing this blog is kind of making me more open to this idea, so i guess I'm more excited than mad. But, I'm more worried than either of those. They also did very good with The Phantom of the Opera.  Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see. Also in my opinion they should use the original cast; Idina Menzel, Kristen Chenoweth,  Norbert Leo Butz, and all the rest. I don't know, but the excitement is building inside me, especially since I'm listening to the soundtrack at this moment. I'm picturing it in my head. It could be good, but I'm still not going to get too excited.

4 comments:

Bonkers said...

So, a year or so ago, I got the Wicked soundtrack- though I had never seen or heard anything about it... and I didn't actually listen to it until about a month ago and now that's one of the only things I listen to- though I Still have never seen it.
And so finding out that they are making it into a movie- almost made me wet myself. THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!!

Hannah Engberg said...

Thats cool! I've seen it before and it was WONDERFUL!! They are coming to AZ again in July and I'm not planing on missing it! Like i said in the blog i'm happy, but worried.

Hannah Engberg said...

P.S. Don't read the book, It isn't as good as the musical. The musical is a whole lot "cleaner". If you know what i'm saying.

Aunt Me said...

Bonnie, you will have to come in July and see it with us when it comes. It is wonderful on stage.

You know I LOVE the on stage version of The Forgotten Carols. The taped version leaves A LOT to be desired. Maybe if they did it like a film I would like it more, but there is nothing like actually seeing it on stage seeing the little jokes Michael McLean puts in on his own. So I don't know that you can ever beat something than what it is like on stage.